2 cups Flour
1/3 cup Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
1 cup Organic Heavy Cream
2 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Rosemary
1T milk or cream
1 egg (optional)
- Add chopped rosemary to heavy cream and refrigerate overnight. If you forget, give it as many minutes as you can.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees
- The next morning, sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With a fork … slowly add Rosemary Cream to flour mixture until dough becomes shaggy.
- Loosely form ten or twelve scones with your hands onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Combine 1T milk or cream and one egg. Brush egg & cream mixture on each scone. Sprinkle with Turbinado Raw Sugar.
- Bake for 13 or so minutes.Courtesy of Casa Gallina in Taos, New Mexico.