Smoked Salmon in Rye Cups
Serves 10 as appetizer
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup chopped dill
1 tsp. Lemon zest (finely chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
8 oz smoked salmon
1 loaf rye bread, Sliced
Pieces of Dill and Chopped Lemon Zest for Garnish
To make dill cream cheese
1. Mix all ingredients.
2. Let sit for at least 4 hours or overnight.
To make Rye Cups
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Remove Crust from each slice of bread.
3. Roll each slice of bread with rolling pin until thin
4. Cut bread with 2-inch cookie cutter
5. Place rounds in oiled mini-muffin tin (additional flavor can be added by rubbing tins with garlic before rounds are placed in tin)
6. Bake for 10 minutes, until golden. Set aside to cool.
1. Assemble cups 15-30 minutes before serving, so the cups do not get soggy
2. Place dollop of Dilled Cream Cheese in each cup
3. Add 2 bite size pieces of smoked salmon
4. Top with sprig of dill and chopped lemon zest