Barbecue Baked Beans
1 medium onion,
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup Ketchup (catsup)
Salt to taste
1 bag of soldier beans (or 3 cans of beans)
- Soak beans overnight if using dried beans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large frying pan, sauté onion and garlic in butter.
- Stir in cider vinegar, sugar, prepared mustard, Worcestershire sauce, catsup, and salt; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until well blended. Remove from heat.
- In an ungreased 2-quart casserole dish, combine pork and catsup mixture over top and mix well.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour. Remove from oven and serve.
Serves 6 to 8.