Back to Desserts
Makes 2 9-inch layer cakes
3 cups carrots, grated
2 T peeled ginger, minced (plus juices)
2 c sugar
1 1/4 c canola oil
4 large eggs, lightly mixed
1 t salt
2 c flour
2 t baking soda
1 T ground cinnamon
10 ounces whole fat cream cheese
5 T room temp sweet butter
2 1/2 c powdered sugar
1/4 c pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together carrots and ginger. Add sugar, oil, eggs, salt and mix very well.
3. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
4. Whisk together carrot mixture and flour mixture until combined.
5. Bake for 40 min or until done.
6. For frosting, beat together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and maple syrup. Chill for 30 minutes before applying to cooled cake.