Courtesy of Casa Que Canta in Oaxaca, Mexico
1 tomato (peeled and chopped)
1 tbsp onion, chopped
1/2 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp chicken bullion
1 tsp Mexican oregano
1 bay leaf (hota de laurel)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 c chicken broth (tomatoes, onion, garlic, celery, 1 chicken)
6 medium Shrimp, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp of lime juice
1. Heat olive oil, onion, garlic and cook for 30 seconds on low heat
2. Add tomatoes and increase heat to medium
3. Add oregano and bay leaf and turn up to high heat. Cook for approximately 3 minutes
4. Add 1/2 tsp chicken bullion and broth and mix. Add more broth if dry.
5. Make tortillas.
6. In new pan, add olive oil and heat. Add shrimp and cook on high heat for 3 minutes.
7. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and 1/4 tsp of lime juice.
8. Combine shrimp and sauce.
9. Add 1 tbsp chicken broth.