Veracruz Style Fish
From Casa Que Canta
1/4 White Onion (sliced)
3 peeled tomatoes (Halved, julienned, blanched to remove skin)
1 tsp Chicken Bullion
1 Green Pepper (peeled, seeded, Julienned to 1/4 inch strips)
5 green olives (pitted, halved)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp capers
2 Tbsp hot chili juice
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups, chicken broth
Juice of 1 Lime
2 servings of sea bass or snapper (approx. 6 ounce each)
1. Preheat oven to 475
2. Heat olive oil in hot pan on medium heat. Add garlic and onions sauté for approximately 1 minute.
3. Add tomatoes, peppers and increase heat. Cook tomatoes down for approximately 5 minutes.
4. Add capers, chicken broth, chili juice, olives on medium heat for approximately 5 minutes until soft bubbles form.
5. Add 1 tsp of chicken bullion, salt, pepper and lime juice.
6. Place fish in new oven proof pan (sea bass or snapper) with 1/4 c sauce below fish and 1/4 c sauce on top of fish.
7. Bake for 5-7 minutes at 475
8. Place additional sauce on top of fish and serve.