3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3-4 bananas, blackened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar (by hand or mixer).
- Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda.
- Mash bananas and add by hand to creamed mixture.
- Add flour and salt together.
- Mix in buttermilk and flour alternating.
- If adding, gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Make sure there is space for the bread to rise.
- Bake at 350 for 1 1/4 hour or until it tests done with a toothpick. Start checking after 45 minutes.
- **This freezes well.