Estimate about half an avocado per guest if serving as a dip.
2 ripe (soft) avocados
1 chopped tomato, seeds removed
Apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup chopped onion
Juice of a lime
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Salt to taste
- Place chopped onion in a bowl and cover with apple cider vinegar. Soak for at least 5 minutes. Strain onions. (Leftover vinegar is great in salad dressing.)
- Mash avocados using a fork.
- Add onions, tomatoes, lime juice to the avocados and mix all together.
- Add salt to taste and then add cilantro. (Add a bit of the reserved vinegar if acidity is needed.)
- If not serving immediately, press saran wrap directly onto guacamole. It’s the air that makes the avocados brown.
If you are making salsa, pour some of the liquid from the salsa and some salsa into the guacamole for better flavor.