Baked Mac and Cheese
Serves 4-6 as a side dish
This is my favorite recipe for mac and cheese so far. It comes from my personal trainer, Marissa, but make no mistake – there is nothing healthy about it 😉 It has a crispy top and bottom and holds together well!
1 lb. elbow pasta
2/3 c milk (may need more)
1 block of cheddar, shredded
3 eggs, whisked together
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
2. Boil macaroni until al dente. Drain pasta.
3. Return pasta to pot and add the butter, half of the milk and half of the eggs. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Butter 8 x 8 baking dish. Pour 1/2 of the macaroni into baking dish. Sprinkle half of the cheese and half of the remaining egg over the noodles. Add remaining noodles and repeat.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until browned on top.