9 Signs You’ve Been on the Road Awhile
You know you’ve been on the road for awhile when:
- More of your beauty products come from the food section of the grocery store than the makeup counter. (Hello coconut oil!)
- Packing up the inside of the camper trailer together with your spouse while your kids read in the car feels kind of like date night.
- You find yourself excitedly recounting the beautifully clean showers of a caravan park to a stranger.
- You find yourself idly day dreaming about finding another one of those showers.
- When people say everything you carry with you should be multipurpose, the atlas comes to mind due to its mapping ability as well as an ideal surface for constructing sandwiches.
- When the red dirt stains on your clothes and car are no longer from the most recent stretch of the trip, but realistically from a few months ago.
- Meeting another owner of your camper trailer brand turns into a 90 minute conversation where you eagerly dash around the trailer talking about zippers, washing hooks and proper greasing techniques.
- You find yourself offering to help those stopped on the side of the track with a flat tyre, not just to be nice, but because you actually know what to do.
- You find yourself explaining to someone that an area is not really remote even though you will not see a grocery store for two weeks, there will be no mobile signal and there is only a single place to get fuel… Because, come on, there will be other cars occasionally.